Re: Another newbie question

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2002 17:52:14 -0700

"Aqeel Ahmed Khan" <aqeel.khan_at_attbi.com> wrote in message news:<4oJj9.513984$me6.60424_at_sccrnsc01>...
> Yeah I know. Its me again.
>
> Is it recommended to run Oracle DBs on ME machine or should I install W2K or
> XP ?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> AAK
It all depends what you want to use Oracle for. If it is for personal trial use then it doesn't matter. Oracle supplies Oracle edition for all Win32 platforms.

If this is to be used in a company for user access, then you should contact Oracle to purchase licenses and run it on your choice of server platform.

/Rauf Sarwar Received on Tue Sep 24 2002 - 02:52:14 CEST

Original text of this message