Re: Some newbie questions.

From: Kevin Gillins <k.gillins_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:19:46 -0400

"Aqeel Ahmed Khan" <aqeel.khan_at_attbi.com> wrote in message news:efIj9.414485$_91.557771_at_rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net...
> Hi there once again! :)
>
> I was just wondering if people are still using 8i or have they moved on to
> 9i ? Coz I have a book for 8i's first test certification. And what I've
> noticed is that 9i certification is similar to 8i, except for the the
 titles
> used for testing purposes. Is my observation correct?
>
> Secondly, what's the probability of landing a job with OCA?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> AAK
>
> --
> ?Ðêvì£Ðôg#1?
> http://www.dfhq.net
> Map reviewer, News, Forum Admin

I am not sure about testing difference but there are large differences in 8i and 9i when you look at the internals.

Also, Yes many many many shops are still on 8i or even earlier (without support of course)

As for OCA and landing a job, you better review many of the messages here that relate to this topic. You will become enlightened. No chance with current market conditions IMHO.
Kevin Received on Mon Sep 23 2002 - 21:19:46 CEST

Original text of this message