Re: Scheduling Batch jobs in NT

From: DiggidyMack69 <DiggidyMack69_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2002 13:57:45 -0700

ammu73_at_yahoo.com (Shanthi) wrote in message news:<fce79f43.0209131211.1b2846c4_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to schedule a Oracle SQL batch job on an NT machine. I am
> not sure how I can write the batch job and schedule it too. What I
> want is to write a batch job to call a particular SQL script and
> execute it. The results need to be spooled to a text file. It would be
> great if I can have the result file emailed to me too. Once the batch
> job is written, how can I schedule it to run on NT? I have written
> shell scripts to run jobs on Unix crons. I dont know how to write
> batch jobs to run on NT. Thanks for all your help.
>
> -Shanthi

Shanthi, Go in the resource kit and install WinAT (if your using 2k it has it's own scheduler.) Then create DOS batch file to do whatever needs doing. If it's a report you want, consider creating it in Reports Builder. You can send a report commands on the command line and tell it to do anything the report will normally do (there a couple exceptions to that but it's mostly true.). It actually works pretty well.
 good luck,
DM Received on Thu Sep 19 2002 - 22:57:45 CEST

Original text of this message