Re: where can I find the latest SCN

From: Serge Lisin <foxman_at_mail.ru>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:50:11 +0600

Pramod Ramachandran wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In which dynamic view can I search for the latest system change number
> ?
> (scn generated after a COMMIT, not the one shown in v$log_history
> which stores scn only when a log switch takes place)
>
> TIA
>
> Pramod

http://www.ixora.com.au/q+a/0009/20125947.htm

That is the database checkpoint SCN, not the current SCN.

There is another statement to get the most recent SCN no.

     select discn from x$kccdi;

You can get the SCN of the most recently committed (local) transaction with the following query:

     select max(ktuxescnw * power(2, 32) + ktuxescnb) from x$ktuxe;

This may not be quite the same as the current SCN, because the latter may have advanced a little for various reasons, but for single instance Oracle for the purposes of recovery testing it is equivalent.

How to find out the current SCN value.

The probelm is: I want to try my backup and restore strategy for an incomplete recovery using the CHANGE clause.

recover database until change <scn>.

--
    WBR, Serge Lisin