random files from Oracle 8.1.7 in /tmp

From: Paul B. <paul.braun_at_excelsisnet.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2002 01:27:14 -0700

Hi all,

We have been having problems with Oracle creating A LOT (~100000) of random files in /tmp looking like /tmp/AH23JUZ... Most of the files are ASCII, and when you open them you see dumped content of some tables along with cryptic signs.
The files are not generated every day, but say every 5-7 days, a lot in a row and very fast.
Thus we are bound to run out of space in /tmp and memory. I was thinking of applications using utl_file, but dont get it confirmed. Maybe swapping or paging? Can we see that something is paged out or swapped just by lookint at /tmp?

Has anyone expirienced anything similiar?

thanks in advance

paul Received on Mon Aug 19 2002 - 10:27:14 CEST

Original text of this message