newbie question configuring 8i personal

From: Ed-D <Ed-D_at_despammed.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 06:12:03 GMT

For whatever reason I can't grant table access to other users. Only the owner of the table gets access. I'm pretty sure I'm configuring the tables correctly, I'm following the direct instructions from the "Help" file.

I've also tried creating a new user with access to everything but that doesn't seem to work either.

For example, I want a user to be able to access both "EMP" and "EMPLOYEE". "Scott" is the owner of "EMPLOYEE", "Demo" the owner of "EMP" (Or maybe its the other way around, I can't remember). I need a user who can access both tables (and all other ones) within the same SQL session.

Can anybody help? Received on Sun Jul 28 2002 - 08:12:03 CEST

Original text of this message