Re: newbie question configuring 8i personal

From: Valentin Minzatu <~3114vminzatu_at_rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 17:41:51 GMT

Assuming that scott is the owner of EMP and demo is the owner of EMPPLOYEE, here is the simplest way to do what you want:

1. connect scott/tiger
2. GRANT SELECT ON emp TO [your_user];
3. connect demo/[demo_passwd]
4. GRANT SELECT ON employee TO [your_user];
5. connect [your_user]/[passwd]
6. SELECT * FROM scott.emp; -- returns all rows in scott's emp table
7. SELECT * FROM demo.employee; -- returns all rows in demo's employee table

--
Cheers,
Valentin

[to reply remove "~3114" from the email address]