Re: Parallel Server and Oracle9i RAC - who actually uses this ?

From: Burt Peltier <burtpelt_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 02:14:35 -0500

I have no doubt Oracle's way of doing clustering is much better than Sql Server's method.

In fact, Sql Server's method seems useless almost (where you have to split table data between the different clusters).

But, tpc.org reports benchmarks that show Sql Server as the dominant performer for clustered tests.

Oracle benchmarks are dominant in non-clustered results.

I don't see why tpc lets Microsoft create the 'illusion' that they are the top performer.

Anyway, although Oracle's clustering appears to be much better, I still don't know anyone who actually uses it.