Re: Automate SQL Loader in Windows NT...??

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 23 Jul 2002 00:29:53 -0700

cohens_at_bestweb.net (Eli) wrote in message news:<899d7e4d.0207220923.60af7ed4_at_posting.google.com>...
> I am working in a Windows NT environment and am currently developing a
> script to be run in Oracle 8i. One of my base tables consists of an
> email_address column and a count_distinct_email_address column. I am
> currently manually uploading the tab delimited file using SQL Loader -
> one click (I created a short cut with the command line opening Loader
> and pointing to the .ctl and .log file). The problem is, I have to
> perform two steps. Upload the file using SQL Loader, and then run the
> script in order to create my final results.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to automatically run SQL Loader from within
> my .sql (script) file?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Eli

NT has a batch facility. Write a short .cmd file and submit it through the AT command and you are set. The scheduling service must be running for this to happen.
You can call both sqlloader and sqlplus in your .cmd file

Hth

Sybrand Bakker,

Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Jul 23 2002 - 09:29:53 CEST

Original text of this message