Re: Automate SQL Loader in Windows NT...??

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <fen_at_changegroup.dk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:27:11 +0200

Hi there.

This method exposes username and password in a .cmd file. I reckon it's better to be able to automate external programs from within the database using DBMS_JOB and a mechanism to spawn external processes from PL/SQL. As it happens, I have written such a tool that can call any external process and even wraps SQL*Loader for PL/SQL. The C code has been written for Windows but could easily be ported to other OSs. Please let me know if you're interested.

Cheers,

Finn