Re: slow import

From: michael ngong <mngong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Jul 2002 08:31:46 -0700

vissuyk_at_yahoo.com (Vissu) wrote in message news:<2bedd6a7.0207161853.7475f8bc_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi All,
>
> To import a 7 million rows table, it took us 12 hrs on Solaris 2.6
> (SE450, 2 CPUs, 3 GIG RAM). The export was from 8.x and import server
> is 92. I've used the foll. parameters :
>
> IGNORE=Y
> CONSTRAINTS=N
> INDEXES=N
> FEEDBACK=1000
> FILE=X
> TABLE='"XXX"'
> LOG=MYLOG.LOG
>
> The table in 92 has been pre-created. All indexes, constraints and
> triggers on this table have been dropped. On the average, iostat
> showed CPU wait 60%. Looks like there is a bottleneck in writing out
> from log buffer to redo's. What can I do to speed this up ?. Is
> there an OS level paramter that I need to tweak to get improvements.
>
> Has anyone experienced this ?. How can I speed this up ?. Thanks for
> sharing any thoughts/tips.
>
> Vissu

 Increase sort area size,log buffer if possible.I normally turn off archiving (cannot access how much benefit comes from that.) Set large buffer on parfile.
Some great contributor once posted a website which addresses that on this forum.
HTHelps
Michael Tubuo Ngong(Sr DBA)
"Stop looking all the greatness lies within you" Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 17:31:46 CEST

Original text of this message