slow import

From: Vissu <vissuyk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2002 19:53:02 -0700

Hi All,

To import a 7 million rows table, it took us 12 hrs on Solaris 2.6 (SE450, 2 CPUs, 3 GIG RAM). The export was from 8.x and import server is 92. I've used the foll. parameters :

IGNORE=Y
CONSTRAINTS=N
INDEXES=N
FEEDBACK=1000
FILE=X
TABLE='"XXX"'
LOG=MYLOG.LOG The table in 92 has been pre-created. All indexes, constraints and triggers on this table have been dropped. On the average, iostat showed CPU wait 60%. Looks like there is a bottleneck in writing out from log buffer to redo's. What can I do to speed this up ?. Is there an OS level paramter that I need to tweak to get improvements.

Has anyone experienced this ?. How can I speed this up ?. Thanks for sharing any thoughts/tips.

Vissu Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 04:53:02 CEST

Original text of this message