Performance issues making a select on a partitioned table

From: PPN <ppn_at_mederic.fr>
Date: 12 Jul 2002 04:38:15 -0700

[ Already posted on comp.databases.oracle.misc and comp.databases.oracle.server ]

Hello.

I am currently working on extractions from an Oracle 8i database which resides on an 8 processors Sun machine runing Solaris. For one of these extractions, the table is partitioned into 32. Regarding performance issues, is it better to have one brutal select, which joins with another table, or parallel selects on the partitions ?
The table is partitioned on one of the select's join columns, and the table is said to be fairly big (that's all I know...).

Thanks for any answers.
P. Received on Fri Jul 12 2002 - 13:38:15 CEST

Original text of this message