Re: sqlplus copy command fails when copying null varchar2 column - any ideas?

From: Dervish <djpotter77_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Jul 2002 07:25:00 -0700

Thanks for the responses.

It turns out this only happens if every value in the table for the varchar2 column is NULL. Still a problem, but I could potentially use 'create table as select ...'. That works. However, it was my impression that the copy command was faster for large sets of data being pulled across a network from one db to another. I'll have to test this though.

Regards,
Daniel