Re: sqlplus copy command fails when copying null varchar2 column - any ideas?

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:01:50 GMT

Dervish wrote:

> Hey all,
> I am getting an Oracle error (ORA-01458) when I attempt to use the
> sqlplus copy command to copy from any table that has at least one row
> with a null value for any varchar2 column. I am using Oracle 8.1.5
> NT.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this error? Is it a bug in 8.1.5? Any
> suggestions on how to get around it?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Daniel

Don't know whether it is a bug or not as I've never had any reason to use it. And 8.1.5 has not been supported by Oracle for years so my suggestion would be as follows:

CREATE TABLE new_table AS
SELECT *
FROM old_table;

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Jul 11 2002 - 17:01:50 CEST

Original text of this message