complicated CallableStatement ?

From: Mike F <mike_friedrich1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Jul 2002 01:35:15 -0700

Hi Gurus

I have a problem to call a Stored Procedure on our Oracle DB. I have tryed 2 days all kinds of method-calls to this procedure. Always get an error like:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'MVS_TEST' ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

I downloaded some samples which works fine. But they are mostly very simple and do not give back multiple rows.

Here ist the footprint on the DB:

create or replace package body MVS_test as

    cursor cS_journal(i_integer                IN integer,
                      i_varchar                IN varchar2,
                      i_date                   IN date

) is
select 'Input Values', i_integer, i_date from dual; procedure MVS_test (i_integer IN integer, i_varchar IN varchar2, i_date IN date, MAXROWS IN INTEGER, NROWS IN INTEGER, o_integer OUT integer_t, o_string OUT string_t, o_date OUT date_t

) is

    begin

        if not cS_journal%ISOPEN then
            open cS_journal(i_integer,i_varchar,i_date);
        end if;

        for i in 1..1 loop
            fetch cS_journal into
                 o_string(i),
                 o_integer(i),
                 o_date(i);
        end loop;

    end MVS_test;
end MVS_test;

Here is the java-code:

CallableStatement pcs = conn.prepareCall ("{ call MVS_TEST.MVS_TEST (?,?,?,?,?) }");

pcs.setInt(1, 10);
pcs.setString(2, "2");
pcs.setDate(3, new java.sql.Date(21312321));
pcs.setInt(4, 10);
pcs.setInt(5, 10);
pcs.registerOutParameter(1, OracleTypes.CURSOR);

pcs.execute();

What am I doing wrong?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks mike
from Switzerland Received on Thu Jul 04 2002 - 10:35:15 CEST

Original text of this message