Re: Poor LGWR (redo log) performance

From: zhuchao <chao_ping_at_163.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2002 19:15:01 -0700

Sandeep S Bajwa <sbajwa_at_attbi.com> wrote in message news:<3D0BB706.EC05B115_at_attbi.com>...
> You log_buffer is too small and logs are sized too big..
>
> Make your redo logs to something like 50m or 100m

Maybe for that kind of batch job, 1m log_buffer is somwthing small. But for the size of redo log, i think it should be ok.Having a big logfile size never impacts performance i think, It just have impact on the recovery once you lost your redo log files(the transactions you lost)
Hope someone correct me if i am wrong. Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 04:15:01 CEST

Original text of this message