Delete Database

From: Christopher Pisz <nospam_at_somewhere.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 16:39:58 GMT

Hiyas,

    I tryed to create a database using the database configuration assistant and halfway through realized it had the wrong name. So I hit cancel. I then tryed to delete it with the same tool and it asks for a password. The password is no where to be found so I couldn't delete it. None of the defaults worked and I was never asked to make one. So I tryed uninstalling oracle itself. I then reinstalled and find that it is still there
in the list when you run orastart along with all the others. Now none of the databases have any files as they were all deleted. How can I wipe those names off the list so that I can create databases with the same names again? Is it stored in the registry somewhere? What must I do?

    Thanx,

        Christopher Received on Sat Jun 15 2002 - 18:39:58 CEST

Original text of this message