Re: database procedure slow in running from unix client

From: Glenn MacKay <glen_mackay_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 May 2002 06:06:15 -0700

Hi Burt,

Thanks for your response. I was incorrect in the way that our system works. We are actually logging in to the NT server and not using a DB link. So from Unix we open a SQl*PLUS session on the NT server.

I also found out that the SQL*PLUS session has the below setting.

alter session set optimizer_mode = all_rows;

So I'm going to run the procedure with the optimizer_mode at different settings and see what impact this has. Maybe this is what is causing the difference in performance.

Cheers,

Glenn