Re: database procedure slow in running from unix client

From: Burt Peltier <burtpelt_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 00:08:05 -0500

I would guess the use of a database link is why it is performing poorly .

If you did the reverse (run procedure in sqlplus logged in on NT using a db link to Unix database), you would probably see poorer performance than running the procedure in sqlplus on Unix.

But, then again, running the procedure in sqlplus on NT or Unix while logged into the NT server would probably work with no problem.

Is there a reason in particular that you are using a db link? Why not log on the NT server and not use a db link?