Re: firign sequence of triggers in forms

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2002 21:23:00 -0700

hap_at_mikomi.org (Adam Hapworth) wrote in message news:<a6cb04db.0204230559.2060ef0e_at_posting.google.com>...
> I am looking for a good tutorial or reading of how the firing order of
> triggers in forms goes. I was also wondering if there are any tools
> out there that would map the firing order of "my" (inherited from
> previous developer) form so I can better debug and update the current
> form.

Actually, the firing order is described in Forms manual. Triggers with the same name are fired at lowest level (item, for example), and then, depending on properties, can fire higher level triggers. PRE, ON and POST triggers are fired during POST operation, usually during commit. WHEN-VALIDATE triggers are fired when navigating out of scope.
One piece of advice. I saw a lot of garbage in forms. So if you inherited somebody else form, try to identify code which can be replaced by forms default functionality. It seems to be big work, but usually pays off.