Re: Rollback Transactions in a Package

From: April <privatebenjamin_at_hushmail.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2002 11:55:20 -0800

I am a little familiar with error handling in both Oracle and more so with MSAccess97 (the calling application)

let me fill in some more details...

say I am calling stored functions / procedures from an Access97 application. If the function doesn't return the value I want, or the function fails or generates an error, I would like to roll back all the previous functions that were called and may have run successfully. If all was being done in Access then I would wrap the code segment in a transaction to roll everything back.

I was thinking that perhaps I would put all the functions in a package and then call the package... I guess I would have to create a procedure in the package that ran all the functions/procedures in the package and then rolled them all back on the server if there was a problem.

I think I will try this approach. I was wondering if it was the proper approach.

Thanks,
April