Re: CREATE DATABASE using OCI, is it possible?

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:39:07 GMT

Unless you are creating these tables to keep them and thus this is to just set up a schema for a user - a one time thing - this is not a good idea. If you need temporary tables use Oracle's global temporary tables.

When you do all this dynamic table creation you are doing some very expensive and non-scalable operations.
If you are trying to create the concepts of a virtual private database then using fine grained security (rls - row level security) would fit your need quite well. I would look into that.
Jim