Re: listener connection time out question

From: Heikki Siltala <heikki.siltala_at_nospam.iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 08:46:55 +0200

Lets say that we have an Net8 connection routed thru a firewall and the idle timeout on the firewall is set to 30 minutes. If sqlnet.expire_time is not set, the connection is closed by the firewall after 30 minutes of idle time. But if sqlnet.expire_time is set to 10 (means 10 minutes), the listener pings the client in every 10 minutes even if there is no other traffic over the Net8 connection. This ping is network traffic and resets the firewall timeout and the connection will never time out on the firewall, since 30 minutes > 10 minutes.

Well, actually it is not very likely that this is the problem that Herny is facing. I just seems to be one possibility at least if we look at the subject "listener connection time out question".

/Heikki

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> kirjoitti viestissä news:cg807uscoascfv5d93nouivcpcpt5k6ags_at_4ax.com...