Re: How can allow only one user connect to database

From: Murali <oraclems_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2002 16:49:48 -0800

gang36_at_hotmail.com (hank) wrote in message news:<8d54c48d.0201220927.5b0586e6_at_posting.google.com>...
> Thanks
>
> let me explain more detail for this case, we try to do a 1000
> concurrent connection (use one user ID)performance testing, in testing
> we don't want any other user logon database, after finish the testing,
> other user will be able logon to database, and go on. I am not sure
> restricted session that can allow multi-connection (use one user ID).
>

> Gang Huang

So you want one user to connect as userA 1000 times during testing but no other user should be able to connect. And after testing you want to let the other users connect. Right ?

1. grant restricted session to userA;
2. alter system enable restricted session;
3. Connect as userA 1000 times and do testing
4. alter system disable restricted session;
5. revoke restricted session from userA;

That should work. Make sure your other users do not have DBA privileges. The DBA role comes with the RESTRICTED SESSION privilege. Also, users that were connected before you enable the restricted session will still be connected during testing. So the best thing to do is to shutdown the database and "startup restrict", which will allow you to do the test in peace.

Murali
http://www.dbaquest.com/ Received on Thu Jan 24 2002 - 01:49:48 CET

Original text of this message