Re: OCP DBA certification

From: Kano Ako <kanoako_at_netnet.net>
Date: 23 Jan 2002 06:33:28 -0800

enzoweb_at_hotmail.com (Andy) wrote in message news:<8d4033cd.0201211732.7346d602_at_posting.google.com>...
> Oracle has a link to http://www.selftestsoftware.com which has a demo
> of a DBA OCP preparation tool. It's actually quite good for a demo and
> has a lot of questions in it, not just one or two.
>
> There is also an Oracle Press book on the DBA Certification exam which
> looks quite good.
>
> I am also considering doing the exams but can't get past the idea that
> it is an income generation exercise for Oracle - I am a contractor and

View it as income generation for yourself as well.

> worked out that to do all the courses and sit the exams would cost me
> over 15,000 AUD (Australian Dollars), and that's without factoring the
> money I'd lose when I was doing the courses and not earning. I think
> I'll buy the book and just sit the exams.

I have passed the SQL & Intro to PL/SQL exam with the following: The Book
Access to CBTs provided by my consulting company. A personal version of the Oracle Server (OEM has some items in the series).

The most important was the first and the last item. Right now I am w/o Oracle server and the concepts are not as tangible, especially when they go into the various data dictionary views.

The CBTs I had access to were very helpful and while not completely needed, I felt were helpful. Sitting in on the Oracle courses IMO would be a waste of money unless the company would pop for it (and I doubt that my company would nor would I even really want to attend).

Anyway
KA Received on Wed Jan 23 2002 - 15:33:28 CET

Original text of this message