Re: import 8i database into 7.3

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 19 Jan 2002 04:39:47 -0800

raghu1ra_at_rediffmail.com (raghu) wrote in message news:<d11b9387.0201181926.21fb0ffb_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi all
> I have problem i have export dump file of oracle 8i Database
> and i need to import it inot oracle 7.3 database. if anybody has
> solutions to this the please post the message.
> Thanks in andvance

The archives are flooded with the solution, but here it is again

  • You cannot import an export from a higher release into any lower release
  • you need to use exp from 7.3 and connect it to the Oracle 8i database
  • on the Oracle 8i database catexp7.sql must have been run connected as internal.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sat Jan 19 2002 - 13:39:47 CET

Original text of this message