Re: DB architecture

From: Brian Gastineau <bdg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2002 13:56:56 -0800

Danilo is 100% correct. Distributed databases (even on the same machine) is not a design decision to be entered into lightly. The additional hardware resource consumption of multiple instances is a relevant issue, but much smaller than the performance risks and programming limitations introduced when using database links.

Brian Gastineau