Re: Install Oracle on AIX, error in *.mk file

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Jan 2002 05:55:31 -0800

Please try the manual relink and repost the exact error message. However, be sure you set the necessary environment variables as stated by a previous post and what the Installation Guide says. Another item to look at is, check and make sure you have the math libraries installed, i.e. search for libm.a. If on the relink you recieve an error like "cannont find -l m" it's most likely this problem.

To see if you have the math libs, run the following command:

find / -name "libm.a" -print

If it does not find any instances of the file, you will need to load the math libs and relink.

HTH,
Pete's