Re: Install Oracle on AIX, error in *.mk file

From: Taka Kamiya <tkamiya_at_sushi.oau.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 03:34:15 GMT

Well, not enough information to help you out.....

What exactly the error are you seeing, and when the error ocurrs, what command is being executed? It is possible that unix utilities required to relink may not be present on your server, or are not part of the PATH. Make sure, "make", "ld", and such are available. Also, try setting $ORACLE_HOME, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $LIBPATH, and do the manual relink.

Yes, both errors are related. Since the executables have failed to relink, the database can not start, thus "create database" fails.

Hope this helps