Re: Ignore capitalization in Oracle 8i?

From: Jeffrey Wilke <jwilke_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 20:22:15 -0500

Have you tried changing your nls_order setting in the init.ora file. If it is set to BINARY, then the case will matter. I'm not sure what the setting is to ignore case.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

http://profiles.yahoo.com/arcticturtle

> In article <3c1b2a62.65954517_at_news.avnl1.nj.home.com>, <jdoe_at_nospam.com>
> writes:
> >What is the way to ignore capitalization when doing a query against
> >Oracle? I know it can be done because we use a front end system
> >(written in VB) that connects to an 8i back end has an option that
> >allows you to ignore capitalization when doing a query. Which means
> >there is a way to make Oracle ignore case, is it an SQL command? Is
> >it a setting on the database itself?
> >
> >I'm writing an application that has an Access 2000 front end and an 8i
> >back end and the queries appear to be case sensitive.
> >
> >Note: I previously posted this as "case sensitivity in a parameter
> >query" but I didn't give enough information.
> >
> >Thank you,
> >Mike

 eb -----
> http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+
 groups
> NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
> made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email
abuse_at_newsone.net Received on Fri Dec 28 2001 - 02:22:15 CET

Original text of this message