Oracle <-> MySQL interoperability

From: (wrong string) øren Hansen <shansen_at_end2endwirefree.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:56:25 +0100

Sorry about the double posting to comp.databases. I forgot to crosspost to the other newsgroups..

Some of our developers need to know if it's possible to have Oracle talk to MySQL somehow. I don't know a whole lot about oracle, but he was talking about triggers. It's something like: when something gets deleted from the Oracle database, it should be deleted on the MySQL server too.

One other thing:
Connunicating with a database you use a number of protocols.

SQL (e.g. "SELECT * FROM somewhere WHERE Something='right';").

Something in between. I suppose this is what differs between the databases and this is also the layer of which I know absolutely zip. Is this where you can use ODBC, JDBC and such?

Transport:
TCP
Network:
IP