Re: Limit the record number when retrieving data from database.

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 05:59:38 GMT

"Jason" <jiesong-zhu_at_home.com> wrote in message news:OFCP7.287334$5A3.111910296_at_news1.rdc2.pa.home.com...
> Could you give me some more detailed suggestions such as how I could control
> the record number at one data retrieve? Should I add that control in the
> SQL query or from the Java Applet side, and how? Thanks again!

This would be done in the SQL, not in the Java code.

There is no standard for this (IIUC), but many db vendors have an extension. Consult your Oracle SQL documentation, which you should be best friends with anyway.

In Postgres, you say "Select blah from table offset 10, limit 10" for example.

Marshall Received on Thu Dec 06 2001 - 06:59:38 CET

Original text of this message