Limit the record number when retrieving data from database.

From: Jason <jiesong-zhu_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 20:16:14 GMT

I am working on the Java interface talking with an Oracle8i database. As the total records are more than 7,000, it makes the Applet very slow. Since initially, only about 100 records are enough for the Applet to run, I am thinking to retrieve those 7,000 records from database not at once, but in several batches so that the Applet can start running very quickly. Well, is there a way to do that, either by sql query or from the Applet?

Thanks! -- Jason Received on Wed Dec 05 2001 - 21:16:14 CET

Original text of this message