Load slowing down - the sequel

From: andrija <ar35644_at_fer.hr>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:06:38 +0100

You may have seen my previous post about very slow load (SQLLoader + processing data).

I found the problem.

In procedure that does the processing I have SQL:

insert into mytable select * from mytable_load;

mytable_load is table which SQLLoader loads the data into, and after some processing it goes to mytable.

I call this procedure from UNIX script by SQLPlus. When that SQL statement is in the procedure, it takes now 2 minutes for procedure to finish. Something like this:

on UNIX:

sqlplus -s $USR/$PASSWD load.sql

and load.sql is:

exec load_proc();
exit;

When I place that SQL in sql file on UNIX, after calling the procedure, procedure and that statement are complete in 5 seconds. So load.sql now is:

exec load_proc();
insert into mytable select * from mytable_load; commit;
exit;

What is the problem? Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 11:06:38 CET

Original text of this message