generation of reports

From: Praveen <seemapraveen_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:09:26 -0500

Hi,
  I am having problems with report creation using SQLPlus . The following is the code I have used for the report. By using this code I get each single row in a single page whereas my attmept is to get it into pages ordered by industry (such as advertising, medical, space etc. )

column user noprint
column PartOfInd heading 'Part|Of Ind' format 999.90 column today new_value xtoday noprint format a1 trunc column industry new_value xindustry

ttitle left 'Current Portfolio' -

       right xindustry            skip 1 -
       center 'Industry Listings' skip 4
btitle off

clear breaks
clear computes
break on report on industry

compute sum of volume on industry
compute sum of PartOfInd on industry
compute avg of net on industry
compute avg of net PartOfInd on report

select s.industry as industry,company,CloseYesterday,CloseToday,
(CloseToday - CloseYesterday) as net,
(CloseToday - CloseYesterday)*(s.volume/i.volume) as PartOfInd,
s.volume,
to_char(sysdate,'fmmonth ddth,yyyy') as today from stock s, industry i
where s.industry = i.industry
and s.industry in ('advertising','space','medical') order by i.industry,company

Thanks Received on Wed Nov 28 2001 - 21:09:26 CET

Original text of this message