oracle 9I OCP exams

From: Steve H. <srhng_at_swbell.net>
Date: 24 Nov 2001 10:29:28 -0800

I took the first Oracle DBA exam. Intro to SQL and PL/SQL 3 years ago. Passed it easily.

Never took another exam. But worked as a pl/sql Developer with small DBA responsibilities for 3 years. Worked with Oracle versions 7.3.3 all the way up to the new 9I. Never had any "Big Iron" to work with. Never had to run in Archivelog mode. Never had to to a "Hot backup" But did alot of statement tuning. Never had to tune the instance parameters other than "open_cursors" and "optimizer_mode" parameters.

Because my "Big Iron" experience was limited. I never thought I could pass another exam.

But now I am unemployed with some time on my hands. I noticed that the tests changed alot since I took my one test. I am planning on taking the 3 tests that are comming out for Oracle9i as soon as they are released in December. I will even take the beta exam for tuning as soon as it comes out.

I want to take exam 1z1-007 Introduction to Oracle9i SQL first. Noticed that it is a different test. No DDL statements? No PL/SQL?

What about any new Oracle9i features? What should I study? I know SQL and PL/SQL fluently from 7.3.3 to 8.1.7. Since Oracle9i just came out. I do not use or know any new stuff. But can learn if I can find the documentation.

Has anyone who has taken the beta exam. (or real exam if you are reading this after december). How does it differ from the original SQL PL/SQL exam? What oracle9i specific things are in it?

Thanks

Steve H. Received on Sat Nov 24 2001 - 19:29:28 CET

Original text of this message