UTL_FILE write to NT Network

From: traceable1 <traceable1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Nov 2001 06:30:12 -0800

I am trying to write files to the network using UTL_FILE. I am able to run my procedure on my local database and write to my hard drive, but when I try to write out to the network drive, it seems to run fine (no errors), but it doesn't write anything. I have write rights on this drive and can create files there with other apps. (Our Network Nazi may have other restrictions I'm unaware of). I'm wondering if it's a mapping issue, but if that's the case, this won't work well on other people's PCs.
The UTL_FILE_DIR=*.

DECLARE
  fname varchar2(20) := 'tc3file.txt';
  loc varchar2(10) := 'g:\sql';
  sometext varchar2(20) := 'Some text';
  fhandle utl_file.file_type;
  op varchar2(3) := 'w';
BEGIN
  fhandle := UTL_FILE.FOPEN(loc,fname,op);   UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE (fhandle, sometext);   UTL_FILE.Fclose(fhandle);
EXCEPTION
  WHEN utl_file.invalid_path then dbms_output.put_line ('Invalid Path');
  WHEN utl_file.invalid_mode then dbms_output.put_line ('Invalid mode');
  WHEN utl_file.invalid_operation then dbms_output.put_line ('Invalid Operation');
END;
/

Please advise - any help is very much appreciated! Trace Received on Thu Nov 08 2001 - 15:30:12 CET

Original text of this message