Please answer

From: Paul <domination34_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 21:25:23 -0800

Im a newbie, I admit it...

MYSQL
POSTGRES
ORACLE
im sure their are many more out there.

I know Oracle is an enterprise wide database, thats too big for what I want to do. I simply want to take input from a website and store in two tables. Maybe grow a little down the road.
what is the difference of MYSQL and postgres. I would be writing the scripts in cgi if that mattered and how do I make the connection between my website and my database. I already have postgres installed and running but I have been reading many newsgroups and would like a straight answer about the differences. Thank you in advance and forgive me for posting to this newgroup. I figured all you Oracle users would really know your databases. :) Received on Thu Nov 08 2001 - 06:25:23 CET

Original text of this message