Installation error

From: Morten <solbjerg_at_nospam.post.opasia.dk>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 09:47:06 +0100

Hi!

I'm trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 under Linux Mandrake 8.1. I've used a step-by-step guide written for Oracle 8.1.6 under Mandrake 8.0 so obviously some things may have changed...

Anyway my problem is that when I try to launch the installer I get the following error: Error in CreateOUIProcess(): 13 : Permission denied.

The error has to do with initializing Java Virtual Machine. This is located in /bin/jre and I have given full permissions to everyone in this directory.

I've seen other people describe the problem but I haven't seen any good solutions.

Hopefully someone can help me out since I'm really hoping to get it to work.

Morten

PS: The installer can't be run as the root user so that's not going to solve this. Received on Sat Nov 03 2001 - 09:47:06 CET

Original text of this message