OracleOraHome81Agent service hung on starting

From: harry <a_at_abc.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:27:58 GMT

Using Personal Oracle 8i (8.1.7) (just upgraded from 7.3.4) on Win NT 4 (sp6a)

Keep getting this error message every time I reboot but when checking Services it seems to be started correctly & until now I haven't noticed any problems with running Oracle

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Because ORAINST.EXE in 7.3.4 kept causing GPF's everytime I ran it I had to just prune the entire Oracle directory before installing 8.1.7 - could this be the problem?

Any ideas

thanks

harry Received on Tue Oct 16 2001 - 10:27:58 CEST

Original text of this message