Connect Oracle DB HELP!!!!!!!! Table names don't show up

From: LeXuS <aw.walgreen_at_pg.tno.nl>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:10:01 +0200

Hello

We have HP OpenView IT Service Manager with an Oracle database on a UNIX-server. I installed Oracle 8i client in order to connect the database to a website running on IIS 4.0 using ASP pages to fetch the oracle data. When setting up the Oracle 8i client I setup an connection to our database, alias HD7P. When I try TNSPING HD7P I get a succes message. When I try to connect from within Dreamweaver UltraDev(website editing tool) or any ASP page I use the following connection string:

"Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=HD7P;User ID=myUserID;password=myPassWord"

Also if I user HD7P.world instead of HD7P in the connection string it says it can make a connection succesfully. however, when I try to fetch the table names, they al show up as ..._..... , they don't have any fieldnames or whatsoever.

HELP!!!! What can I do to solve this problem??

Thanks to you all in advance!!

If possible please respond to aw.walgreen_at_pg.tno.nl and send a CC to aw.walgreen_at_lan-it.n

Thanks again! Received on Tue Oct 16 2001 - 16:10:01 CEST

Original text of this message