Oracle 8.1.6 for Linux - Ora-12547 Error

From: Marc <mayres_at_cecinet.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2001 06:58:39 -0700

Hi,

I have recently run into an error in Oracle 8.1.6, which is not allowing me to login to Oracle, as anyone. The error is as follows:

Enter User-Name: Name
Enter Password: Password
oraclesample: error in loading shared libraries: libskgxp8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ERROR:
ORA-12547: TNS: Lost Contact

Now, this error appeared about halfway through attempting to install a Migration Workbench for Access from Oracle's website. I'm afraid I may have changed some of the setting's in the .bashprofile, but after further inspection, everything seems to be as it was.

I'm pretty new to this, so if someone could please give me some insight, it would be much appreciated. Thank you,

Marc Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 15:58:39 CEST

Original text of this message