Re: full database restore

From: FaheemRao <faheemrao_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2001 19:04:30 -0700

Ok Now the prvious two answer I think were not specfic to what actually you want to ask
when you take cold back you backup control file , datafile not the online redo log files (when database is shutdown)

now if you lose Control file , you can be in a little trouble, because when you copy the backedup Control file then the database data  files and Cotrol file are in Synchronisation , and Oracle database foud that there is no need of recovery , because SCN number in Control file and what in data files match, so it is quite logical that you got "No recovery require Message"

It is quite recomended that you always do mirring of your Control file.

so now to do a recover of Control file you need to hava copy of Control file from crashed system.

Now there is a way out if you lose Control file, you can re create a control
by create control file Command.
I will be sending you my personal Docs that how to create the Control file if you lose that.

Faheem Rao