RMAN-06089

From: NICK <NICHOLAS.F.TRINCIA_at_DUPONTPHARMA.COM>
Date: 24 Sep 2001 11:35:51 -0700

Does anyone know how to remove a database from the recovery catalog, and then re-add the database without any historical information.

I have a situation where I am getting the following message:

RMAN-06089: archived log F:\ORADATA\PDOK\ARCHIVE\PDOK_1_10.ARC not found or out of sync with catalog

I have deleted the database completely from the catalog, including all historical backup jobs, then re-added the database to the catalog. My next backupset will use the next sequence number, as if the database was never deleted. (for expample I have deleted pdok_backup_001 through 069, deleted the DB and all backupsets from the Recovery catalog. I then re-add the DB, initiate a new backup, and my next backup will be pdok_backup_070.

I want to wipe away all iterations of the database, and start from scratch from that moment on. I don't care about capturing any previous archive logs. What do I do, other than logging a TAR through Oracle (FRUSTRATING!!)? H E L P!!! I am pulling my hair out, and I did not have much to spare before this problem occurred!

thanks,

Nick Trincia
Associate Oracle DBA Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 20:35:51 CEST

Original text of this message