Re: How to change Oracle Database to run in "Archive Mode"

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 24 Sep 2001 01:03:56 -0700

uwindsor322_at_yahoo.com (J S) wrote in message news:<7f1f36ad.0109210805.7a4e4669_at_posting.google.com>...
> Our database on Oracle v8.1.6 was setup in "NONE" Archive mode. For
> reasons not known to me. When when we want to backup our Database
> using Veritas Backup exec, we discovered that our DB should be running
> in Archive Mode.
>
> Can anyone help me do that, change to Archive Mode on a current DB.
>
> TIA, JSN
The procedure to accomplish this is described in the Oracle Server administrators manual.
Basically : shutdown, startup mount, alter database archivelog, alter database open. Of course you can't recover to before the change, so yo should make a cold backup after the change.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 10:03:56 CEST

Original text of this message