I need help on my new homework assignment it should be simpole for expieranced users

From: Zero_Cool <tex___ass_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2001 13:36:49 -0700

hi all,

ok here is my problem I need to get the two highest paid employees frolm a table
without using a union I'm not sure but someone told me there is a function or something that will return a certain amount of rows from a
group function like max(salary) but instead of getting just the max it would return like the top 2 or whatever is needed

1. Is there such a function?
2. If so what is the syntax?
3. Could you please leave me an example?

man, I can not find anything like this anywhere any help would be appreciated and if it is not to much trouble could i ask someone to E-mail me anything realated
thanx in advance Received on Thu Sep 20 2001 - 22:36:49 CEST

Original text of this message