Re: which order should I take the exams

From: Mick Rice <mickrice_at_techie.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2001 08:37:17 -0700

Sunil,

      I don't think there's such a thing as a 'hard' or 'easy' one, although I suspect you probably believe that the SQL exam is going to be the hardest. I've passed the first two recently and am sitting backup and recovery this comming Friday (wish me luck !). From what I can work out all of the five exams are fairly similar in standard although some individuals will find one or the other easier because of their own particular background. I for one found the SQL exam a challenge because I've never coded for a living but I managed to pass it anyway. I'd suggest you don't go with Backup and Recovery first as there's quite a lot of crossover between the Administration exam and Backup and Recovery. Better to pass the basic Administration first and then use that experience to move forward. If I were you I'd bite the bullet and take them in the order 1,2,3,4,5. There's no secret order that's going to make them any easier.

Good Luck,

Mick Rice. Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 17:37:17 CEST

Original text of this message