Re: orakill.exe problem !!

From: MLaxton <mlaxton_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2001 04:52:25 -0700

Hi,

I realise that it doesn't really help but I get exactly the same message. You are using the program in an incorrect way, I think.

If you do orakill ? you will get the following help message.

Usage: orakill sid thread

  where sid = the Oracle instance to target

        thread = the thread id of the thread to kill

  The thread id should be retrieved from the spid column of a query such as:

        select spid, osuser, s.program from
        v$process p, v$session s where p.addr=s.paddr

so sid is the instance system identifier, often the same name as the database, nothing to do with session IDs. However if I try with my sid I get the same error as you. I am using 8.1.6 on Windows/2000.

/M