Re: 8i and Windows ME

From: Rupert Prebble <rupert.prebble_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:24:35 -0400

Hi, I had the same problem with WINDOWS ME The way to make it work is..

Find the file win.ini (use search in the start menu) open win.ini with notepad.
scroll down until you find [Compatibility 95] at the end of that section add the line

    JREW = 0x00080000
save it
if you try to reload oracle it should work.. "TEK" <darrenek_at_cyberway.com.sg> wrote in message news:3b14e6bd$1_at_news.starhub.net.sg...
> Hello, I need to install Oracle 8i personal edition onto a PC running
> MS-Windows ME.
> After inserting the CD and the autorun execute, a error message prompt me
> that the source and destination are invalid and problem accessing stage
 area
> when selecting the file locations in the beginning of the installation
 (All
> values I left with the default except for changing the drive letter of
> destination to drive C)
>
> SOURCE: E:\STAGE\products.jar
> DESTINATION:

 C:\STAGE\COMPONENTS\ORACLE.SWD.JRE\1.1.7.24\1\DATAFILES\EXPANDED\JRE\WIN32\B
> IN\..\\Oracle\Ora81
>
> The documents provided with the CD does not help at all. And I have tried
> many different locations but nothing seems to work.
> Is it because of Windows ME? Do I need to "downgrade" my OS back to
 Windows